My desire is that my simple thoughts will speak to your spirit and be helpful in some unique way.

Friday, February 24, 2012

My Mom, How I See Her

I see her as a woman who grew out of an idillic childhood laced with struggles.

I see her as a child playing in the Olentangy River with her friends and digging in the dirt pile in the backyard with her daddy.

I see her as a little girl spending time with her mommy at her gift shop.

I see her as a young woman who even through rebellion, feared a distant God.

I see her as a vibrant adventuresome young woman who traveled Route 66 in search of freedom.

I see her as that same young woman driving her convertible with the wind in her hair and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" blaring on the radio.

I see her a scared woman who chose life when others told her contrary.

I see her as a mother who worked tirelessly to support her family.

I see her as a broken woman who knew she needed a Savior down on her knees begging for His mercy.

I see her as a woman who fell in love with a wild young man with a blonde afro, hip hugger jeans, who drove a V.W. bus.

I see her as a friend sitting at the kitchen table chatting about life.

I see her as a follower of Jesus studying Scripture from her worn-in Bible. I see her as a mother rocking her new baby girl to sleep singing "Amazing Grace."

I see her as an entrepanuer up on the roof of a horsebarn nailing sheet metal down.

I see her as an obedient wife, packing up two daughters and far too many wild thoroughbred horses, leaving behind a familiar life for one in a new town.

I see her as a woman who cared deeply for the condition of the soul of family and friends, who taught her husband and two daughters what it meant to ask Jesus to come live in their hearts.

I see her as a woman with an insasiable hunger to laugh.

I see her as a help-mate to a man who was working his fingers to the bone to provide for his three girls and still...far too many wild thoroughbreds.

I see her as a friend who stayed up past midnight talking to two girl's who had a brokenheart from boys and trouble with friends.

I see her as a clever and wise woman full of useful quotes: such as "the first 100 years of life are the hardest, NEVER date a boy prettier than you, and you just do the next thing."

I see her as a brave soul shopping for scarves and hats after a horrible diagnosis.

I see her as a thankful woman grateful for modern medicine.

I see her as a fearful wife and mother whose eyes are wet with tears as a doctor tells her fate.

I see her as a cancer patient vascilating between wanting to go to Paradise and seeing her precious grandson achieve milestones.

I see her as a follower of Jesus who, in the end, defeated cancer.

I see her as a vibrant, healthy woman who ran into the arms of her Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Yes...I love how you see her...and help all those who read your beautiful words see her the same way. Can't imagine the party waiting in heaven when we really see her again. Love you...

    ReplyDelete