My desire is that my simple thoughts will speak to your spirit and be helpful in some unique way.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Then Sings My Soul...

Beth Moore is today's author.  Some of you may have heard of her.  She is a comtemporary  evangelist, author and teacher.  I have completed a Beth Moore study on the Holy Spirit which was great.  Beth was born in 1957 and resides in Texas.  In 1994 Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in Texas.  Her conferences have taken her all over the United States and overseas. 

Mark 14:26)  An when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Here is some quick background on the above verse.  The singing concluded the Passover Fellowship.  According to my Bible commentary they sang the second half of Hallel Psalms which are found in chapters 115-118.  A few sources said that the praise Psalm begans in chapter 113.  The Hallel Psalm is a Jewish prayer. The Mount of Olives is directly eat of Jerusalem.  It is 200 feet taller than Mt. Zion.  The height is about 2,700 feet.  When standing on the top of the Mout of Olives you get a wonderful view of the city especially the Temple.

I read chapters 116 through 118 and it was interesting to think Jesus mouthed the same words just before He went to the cross.  Psalm 118:1 is the verse that one of my favorite songs is based on.  Chris Tomlin's Forever starts with "Give thanks to the Lord our God and King
His love endures forever."  Another wonderful verse is verse 24.  I used to sing this song to Eli every morning when I got him out of bed. 























Stanza 1:
O Lord my God,
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
The world Thy Hand hath made,
I see the stars,
I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed;



Refrain:
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!



Stanza 2:
When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze;



Refrain:




Stanza 3:
And when I think,
That God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die,
I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross,
My burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died
To take away my sin.



Refrain:



Stanza 4:
When Christ shall come,
With shouts of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
In humble adoration
And there proclaim,
"My God, how great Thou art!"



Refrain:

No comments:

Post a Comment